Sr. DBA- DB2 (Luw exp)
Face to Face
USC, GC and EAD-GC ONLY
· Monitors trends and improvements in database technology laws, rules and client policy
· Plan database improvements, expansions, and future requirements, assists in establishment of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and quality standards
· Manages database operations by coordinating with directors, elected and appointed officials, and others to determine requirements, establishing and encouraging work or project teams, developing work schedules,
· reviewing performance information, monitoring projects, and reporting on significant activities and events
· Assists database users by providing or overseeing training, assisting with database problems, addressing requirements for new capabilities, installing upgrades, and providing other assistance as needed
· Oversees database system administration such as system documentation, configuration management, backup, security, access, virus protection, performance information, and related tasks
· Performs department administrative functions such as preparing budgets, controlling expenditures, performing special studies, and preparing reports.
Daily Tasks Performed:
· Design, model, configure, test, and install DB2 databases in the test, development and production environments
· Perform and troubleshoot database backup, recovery, capacity, and security plans
· Administer, maintain, and implement changes to existing databases to meet customer requirements
· Respond to test and production database problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas
· This resource will be working on mission critical applications
· BA/ BS Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· Negotiates and exchanges ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policy and programs or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions
· Performs work involving the application of logical principles and thinking to solve practical problems within or apply to a unit or division of the organization
· Reads professional literature and technical manuals, speaks to groups of employees, and public or private groups, writes manuals and complex reports
· 5 - 7 years experience in DB2 and other DBA related skills
· Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
· More than 5 years experience as a DB2 luw DBA
· 2 years as a database developer
· Experience in large scale system implementations and projects
· 10+ years total IT experience
· Good communication skills
· Big Data experience is a definite plus
IDC Technologies, Inc
Work: 408-457-9381 ext 4085
Empowering Technologies Services
Remote Services | IT Services | BPO |
IT Consulting | Staffing Solutions |
Disclaimer:This message is for the named recipient(s) above and may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information of IDC Technologies. If you have received this message in error, please immediately delete all copies of it, and notify the sender. Do not disseminate this message to anyone if you are not the intended recipient privileged information of IDC Technologies.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT Recruiters wanted immediately...." group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/it-recruiters-wanted-immediately.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.