I have an urgent requirement with one of my clients, details given below. If you find yourself suitable for the position, please send me your latest updated resume along with contact details.
Title: Unix Administrator- 30644
Requisition Type: 6+ Months Contract
MOI: Telephonic+ Skype
Location: Bartlesville, OK
· UNIX,EMC,RED HAT LINUX
Specific Job Description:
12 month contract with the possibility of extension
· The Unix Administrator Analyst will provide technical expertise for all aspects of a global Unix environment.
· Installing, configuring, and maintaining Redhat Linux, and/or Suse Linux operating systems
· Evaluate existing application and database requirements for projects, design solutions that address business needs, and implements efficient and cost saving Unix solutions
· Provide key technical data including, but not limited to, capacity planning, implementation, configuration, and usage reporting
· Monitor log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
· Participate in After-Hours rotation for the global Unix environment
· Configure both physical and virtual servers to meet project and customer requirements based on internally developed processes using global standards
· Maintain good Patch Compliance procedures leveraging the Phillips 66 internal Change Management system
· Develop and promote standard operating procedures
· Engaging in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies that relate to the Unix environment
· Conducting audits of Unix servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
· Being available to perform tasks outside normal business hours and on weekends as well as being on call
· Legally authorized to work in the United States
· Minimum of 5 years of consecutive operating experience with the Redhat and/or Suse Linux operating systems, including architecture, diagnostics, troubleshooting, and problem solving
· Working knowledge in Red Hat Linux on HP Intel Servers
· Proficiency in the English language and reading comprehension
· Basic knowledge of network theory, design and architecture
· Basic knowledge of storage technologies, design and architecture
· Working knowledge of Suse Linux.
· Knowledge and demonstrated experience with scripting
· Ability to work effectively across time zones and geography
· Knowledge and experience with storage technologies in IBM, Pure, and/or EMC with features including: SAN, FCP, NFS, SCSI, Deduplication, Block level replication
· Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to a project or business opportunity
· The ability to effectively instruct others on how to complete a task or activity
· Ability to work effectively and add value in a team environment
Dheeraj Chauhan | Sr. Technical Recruiter | RJT Compuquest
222 N. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 2250, El Segundo CA 90245
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "IT Recruiters wanted immediately...." group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/it-recruiters-wanted-immediately.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.