Due to the extraordinary amount of money being provided for the rebuilding and recovery from the impact of Superstorm and Post-Tropical Cyclone Sandy, administering, tracking and monitoring is essential. The State currently does not have one system in place to provide a method to track and/or report on these funds. Those Agencies that are receiving the bulk of the funds have already been evaluating and implementing solutions to track and report. The Office of Information Technology is assisting the Governor's Office of Recovery and Rebuilding in identifying the appropriate sources for data input into the internal dashboard. However, as identification is taking place, it's apparent that the data will need to be housed in a central repository and also interface with the State's financial system. This project will consist of, but not be limited to, identifying all State Agencies that will receive federal funds for Sandy, coordinating the data inputs into the Governor's internal dashboard and State interfaces, and working with developers to develop a State data warehouse for Sandy data.
This endeavor will require a Business Analyst/Administrative Project Manager. Under direction of the Project Lead or designee in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), the Business Analyst/Administrative Project Manager will assist the Project Lead and Data Architect in the identification and documentation of business requirements, the identification and analysis of potential source systems, the rationalization and documentation of data definitions and business rules from multiple systems, and the documentation and communication of data mappings to the data integration developers. The Business Analyst/Administrative Project Manager will assist the Project Lead by performing adminstrative duties, such as keeping the project plan up to date and creating project documentation as requested.
More specifically, the Business Analyst/Administrative Project Manager will be responsible to:
• Participate in the gathering and validation of business requirements
• Document business rules captured in the requirements sessions, including the requirements for tracking data changes over time
• Identify the source systems with potential data to contribute to the solution
• Analyze the quality of the data in the source systems to confirm that the data is as described; work with data stewards to resolve any discrepancies
• Work with the Data Architect / Data Modeler to make sure all business rules are properly represented in the project logical data model
• Develop mappings of the source system data to the project logical data model, including all transformation and aggregation rules, and provide these mappings to the Data Architect / Data Modeler and the development team
• Develop mappings from the project logical data model to any analytical structures that are required (data marts or dashboards) , including all transformation and aggregation rules, and provide these mappings to the Data Architect / Data Modeler and the development team
• Provide feedback to the Project Lead regarding the development of realistic timelines, resource requirements, and data mapping deliverables, provide progress reports and status updates as necessary, and be accountable for those aspects of the resulting project plan
• Work with the Data Architect / Data Modeler and the development team to resolve problems with the data mappings that are uncovered during development, including unexpected data quality issues
• Assist the Quality Assurance Specialist to develop effective test plans to verify the business rules represented by the project objectives
Required / Desired Skills
The default requisition class values have been copied to this requisition.
Required / Desired
Bachelor's degree (minimum requirement)
Documenting business requirements and data integration rules for data integration and/or data warehousing projects
Lead analyst for a project in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment
Thorough knowledge of business analytics technology
Proficient in MS Project and MS Word and MS Excel
Strong interpersonal skills
Developing test plans
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "women career" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/womencareer.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.